Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

US Senate and House of Representatives

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. I'll go right to Unemployment News because it's important to me and millions of others.

Unemployment News

After watching both the Senate and House in action today I am a firm believer that we who are STILL unemployed will just be made to lay down and die. I can't believe how little regard these people who we put in office have for us. One day, I promise you, my readers, that I will run for office and when I do, this nonsense will stop. Well at least I will make every effort to stop it. What ever happened to "We the people, for the people"? That question has me sitting here just shaking my head and wondering what I can do to make this better. If any of you want to see live feed from the Senate and House, (C-SPAN, C-SPAN2) on Directv view Channels 350 and 351. Check your local listings for your service.

Unemployed Held Hostage

Does the title of this article say it all? The Unemployed Held Hostage - the article starts out "Since June 1, when federal unemployment benefits began to expire, an estimated 325,000 jobless workers have been cut off. That number will swell to 1.25 million by the end of the month unless Congress extends the benefits. The Senate, so far, has failed to act." Be sure to read the rest of it.

Senator Mark Udall (D-CO)

Via Twitter I have repeatedly tweeted to my Senator Mark Udall (D-CO). FINALLY today, a reply.

Tweets between Senator Mark Udall and myself between June 14 and June 15

@MarkUdall Senator, #AskUdall, what about #unemployment extensions and COBRA ARRA?

@MarkUdall how about speaking on the #unemployment situation which is important to us in CO! #askUdall - a reply from you would be nice too

@ElaineM925 Letting #unemployment benefits expire before R economy recovers doesn’t make sense 4 those still struggling 2 find work.

@MarkUdall Senator U R rt .... now wht is being done w/ that? #unemployment - unemployed numbers just keep going up! ty 4 answering!

@MarkUdall would it be good to get in front of Congress with the situation on #unemployment? I would come and speak! Thank you again!

I am hoping that tomorrow he will address the last two.

National News

Recalls

Suzuki and Volkswagon both have recalls on their vehicles. If you own, a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara, 2005-2006 Suzuki XL-7, or a 2009 Volkswagen Routan, you will definitely want to read the article which gives you phone numbers to contact these manufacturers regarding each recall.

Were you expecting to pick up your new BMW Series 1? Was it manufactured between January 2010 and May 2010? You will have to wait a bit longer as BMW has issued stops on delivery, and recalls of the 1 Series. Do you need more information for this vehicle? Grab it here.

Local News

Immigration Rally - Denver

Today, immigrant advocates marched in downtown Denver from the State Capitol to the Federal Building. Upon arrival at the Federal Building they held a sit down rally, police broke it up and ticketed the protesters. My message to illegal immigrants - Go Back to Mexico, and let President Calderon embrace you! If American citizens behaved like this in Mexico, we would have been jailed. Read all about it.

That wraps up another day,
As always,

STAND UP AND BE HEARD!

SUPPORT ARIZONA AND THEIR FIGHT AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment