Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Unemployment, Tech News, Resume Posting

It's 10pm and 67 degrees, although it feels much warmer than that. Was a gorgeous day today.

Notes from the Home Front

Tomorrow, there will be a trip to my local Home Depot for some lengths of 1 x4 wood to build a trellis for the gladiolas. Today, after putting them outside for a while, the wind blew them over and unfortunately, they look pretty sad.

I received another email stating the one of my applications is in the hands of the hiring manager, that makes two applications for the same place. Something has to give soon!

Employment/Unemployment News

Today, I saw a link to this story - Root Cause of Voters’ Revolt: Congress, Obama, GOP Ignore 11 Million Jobless, it comes to us via the blog at alternet.org. Please click here to read the whole article.

Borrowed with permission from Infoployment - they now have a Resume Distribution Service
One-Stop Resume Posting. This is fabulous news since their site gets a lot of traffic. You can check them out by clicking here. For everyone's convenience, I have added their site to my lists on the right of this page under (Un)Employment.

National News

Gay/Lesbian Rights

The South Bend Tribune Thinks Gay Couples Are Unfit for Print. Please boycott this paper because apparently they don't yet realize that gays and lesbians are people too, and VERY newsworthy. If you choose to read their article, please click here.

House Floor Proceedings

How would you like to work for 4 minutes on a Friday and get paid for a whole day? Sounds GREAT, doesn't it? Well today the House of Representatives did just that. I'm appalled!

Here is how their day went:
9:04 A.M. -
The Speaker announced that the House do now adjourn. The next meeting is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. on May 24, 2010.

ADJUSTMENT OF THE WHOLE NUMBER OF THE HOUSE - Under clause 5(d) of rule 20, the Chair announced to the House that, in light of the resignation of the gentleman from Indiana, Mr. Souder, the whole number of the House is 431.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG - The Chair led the House in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.

9:03 A.M. -
The Speaker announced approval of the Journal. Pursuant to clause 1, rule I, the Journal stands approved.

9:02 A.M. -
Today's prayer was offered by the House Chaplain, Rev. Daniel Coughlin.

9:00 A.M. -
The House convened, starting a new legislative day.

Local News

Andrew Romanoff

Those of you who live in Colorado know that Andrew Romanoff is running for Michael Bennet's US Senate seat. Today, Andrew gives his view on the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Credits for this story go to The Denver Post.

Romanoff wants oil companies to pay more after spills - read the entire article here.

Unemployment - segment by the Denver Channel ABC 7

Read on what Don Mares, Director of Unemployment has to say. Apparently, he doesn't understand that people who have lost their unemployment benefits have not been counted as still unemployed (if they are) and what percentage rate this would add to the "advertised" state rate.

On this page, State Jobless Rate Inches Up To 8 Percent State Rate 1 Percent Lower Than National Average, you will find a link to Unemployment by State, Tips on Job Survival, A story on which jobs are safest and one viewer story: I lost my job. To read the article and get information on the links - click here.

Tech News

Google's GMail

Great article from friedbeef.com - How to Check if Your Gmail Account Has Been Hacked - nice instructional page with screen shots for checking your Gmail account. I strongly suggest you view the article.

My Fight With Verizon Update

Liz promised to call me today, even if she had no news from their data expert. Did I get a call? NO! This is how they treat a loyal customer of over 10 years. Next week, I will be exposing Verizon and my entire fight - this has gone on too long, my first contact on the issue of my air card was back in the latter part of April. For this issue, I will make a separate blog post. Within that blog post, I will expose employees by name as well as the emails and notes from my log.

There will also be a segment on my fight with Verizon on Fricking Fees and Amazing Deals.

That's it for another day!

As always,

STAND UP AND BE HEARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment