Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Why?

Today was the birthday of a friend of mine - Happy Birthday dear friend! This same friend sent me something worth republishing. I thought it was cute and funny.

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies.

So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated, and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror
I will think, Good grief, look how smart I am!!

Must be where 'Smart Ass' came from!

Notes from the home front!

Although the sun was out, today was breezy and cold. Allergy season is still ongoing. Because of allergy season, my stock tip of the day is to buy stock in tissue companies. Just kidding of course.
Tomorrow is Mothers Day! Happy Mothers Day to all my friends!

The cucumber plants are still growing strong, but the green pepper seeds have only sprouted one small plant.

Do you keep your online reputation clean?

There are some people who can't help but air their dirty laundry to the public. Why is that? Is it because we are just names without faces or that the person doesn't think that anyone will ever meet them? I've seen online arguments, talk of calling seated officials on a persons behalf, and explicit details of marriages, to name a few. By airing dirty laundry, does this make anyone feel better? From my own observation, I'd just rather run, block or ignore the person. Any comments, thoughts?

Let me tell you a story ... I'm going to change the names "to protect the innocent and not-so innocent".

When Mary has a problem with John, they should be able to talk it out and come to some resolution. This past week, my friend, John, was attacked by an aquaintance, Mary, online. Mary continued to post untrue tid-bits about John via social media. Because I'm friends with John, Mary decided to try to pull me into the problem. When I wouldn't bite, Mary attacked me through emails and chat. Just because I am friends with someone doesn't mean that I should be put in the middle of something that has nothing to do with me. I have no doubt that the attacks and derogatory statements will go on from Mary (who now looks like the fool that she is). Seeing her "in action", there is no doubt that she will recruit her friends to act on her part.

The moral of the story - act like an adult, instead of a child, and when you are wrong, don't swear at the person who proved it.

Unemployment news, it's sad

The good fight goes on regarding Tier 5. People have been calling and faxing to Washington DC. There is talk of city by city, state by state protests.

Thank you to @thejobsguy who posted the following story on Twitter:
Juju.com Releases Job Search Difficulty Index for US States (May 2010)
The article can be read by following this link.

There was another link to an article by another tweeter -
Tier V Unemployment Extension: Pushed To The Side Yet Again
Please read the article here, and click the link for change.org and sign the petition.

STAND UP AND BE HEARD!

And so, my day comes to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment